With the Holiday Season rapidly upon us, one question we often get asked is - To List or Not to List?
This is often a difficult question to answer. Year after year, many owners elect not to sell over the Holiday Season or the winter. Even more sellers, who are already listed, choose to take their home off the market during the holidays. While the inconveneince of having a "show ready home" can be high, there are several great reasons to sell during both the Holiday Season & the winter.
1. RELOCATION BUYERS! Often companies will compensate employees for trips to their destination city. Too often, that single trip is not enough for a buyer to feel comfortable. The Holidays provide many buyers the time off that they need to travel & tour homes. LIkewise, companies are not concerned with the traditional seasonality of real estate or the school year, which often determines the prime buying season.
2. Buyers looking during the Holidays tend to be serious buyers. While it is true the number of showings traditionally decreases during the Holiday Season, the "quality" of the showing is often higher. Buyers searching during the Holiday Season are typically serious buyers.
3. Being out of "prime" buying season, as a seller you have more control of the showing schedule & times.
4. Homes show well when decoratorated for the season.
5. Competition tends to be much lower during the Holidays. Price is a reflection of demnd & inventory.
6. Traditionally the market will see significant increases in inventory after the Holiday Season. Even builder inventory is carefully planned in the 3rd & 4th Quarter to ensure sufficient "spec" home inventory is ready as spring arrives.
Have additional questions, please feel free to give me a call - Christie Cannon, Keller Williams Frisco - 469-951-9588